Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Buddy.


I'm one of those people who can't be in the same room as a spider, if it's alive.
Over the past few years, however, I have developed a strange {really strange} relationship with three spiders.

The first {on the left}, I named Buddy, and he spun his web in our blue spruce tree.
I learned to tolerate him because he was outside, and I always knew where he was.
Plus, he's kind of beautiful looking in a menacing sort of way.

The second {on the right}, I named Buddy II, and he spun his web in a bush under our porch.
I tolerated him because I had practice from the previous summer with Buddy I.
Ditto on the menacing beauty.

The third {not pictured}, went unnamed {probably named Buddy, too}, he was a small spider that always spent his time between the window and a screen in our bathroom.
Once again, I always knew where he was = tolerable.

There is a small compartment in my heart that is webbed off for these three.
There is a piece of me that hopes another Buddy will present itself this summer.
Don't worry, I'll keep you updated.  ;-)

I think spiders' webs are amazing {not walking into them, though}.
I think this fascination started at a young age watching Charlotte spin words into her webs - the 1973 version of course.

I hope you know that I think you are radiant and terrific. 
:-)
I hope you have a really great day, and may you not walk into any spider webs.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post :) I too share your adversion to spiders but remember Charlotte fondly and yes the 1973 version...
    ♥Noemi
    Fashion: Classy N Glamorous
    Travel: Across The Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not alone! :-)
      Thanks so much for your comments & support.
      I love your two blogs p.s.
      :-)

      Delete

I love and read every comment, so leave as many as you please. :-)